Gyan Mudra – Touching the tips of index finger and thumb.
- Improves concentration and memory.
- Decreases insomnia and irritability.
- Unites universal consciousness with individual consciousness (Thumb = universal consciousness, Index finger = individual consciousness).
Surya Mudra – folding and pressing the ring finger with the thumb. Other three fingers kept straight.
- Increases metabolism.
- Helps in weight loss, reduces fat, cures indigestion.
- Helpful in winters as it produces heat in the body.
Apana Mudra – touching the tips of middle and ring fingers to the tip of thumb.
- Detoxifies the system.
- Clears sinus and removes phlegm from lungs.
- Inculcates patience and stillness.
- Eases digestion.
Varun Mudra – touching the tips of little finger and thumb.
- Helps in treatment of skin ailments.
- Maintains a balance of body fluids, keeps water levels intact.
- Treats taste and tongue disorders.
- Increases better communication.
Hridya Mudra – touching the tips of index finger to the root of the thumb. Touching the tips of middle and ring finger to the tip of thumb. Keeping the little finger straight.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Helps distressing in times of anxiety, stress, depression.
- Improves heart vitality.
- Increases prana flow from hands to heart.
Vayu Mudra – pressing the tips of index finger to the root of thumb. Pressing the thumb top on the folded index finger.
- Relieves chest congestion.
- Useful in treatment of paralysis.
- Builds immunity against cough and cold.
- Helps in treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Advisable to practice after meal, sitting in Vajrasana.
May you recognize your unlimited capabilities and turn your fears upside down. May you brighten up your life in every aspect. 🙂
Hope this helps. Practice and tell.
Priyamvada Tripathi – Soul Woman